Patna Zoo to have First Rhino Conservatory and Breeding Facility

Sushil Kumar Modi at Patna Zoo on Saturday.

Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Patna: With Patna Zoo continuing to be the idol fertility ground for the rhinos, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Saturday laid the foundation stone of what is being touted as India's first rhinoceros conservation and breeding facility.

"Patna Zoo is the proud home of the highest number of rhinos in the nation and second only to the San Diego Zoo in America with its 12 rhinos split equally between male and female rhinos. Besides being the nation's first breeding center for the rhinos, the city zoo would soon boast of a trackless toy train, a 3D theater and online ticket reservation facility for the visitors," Modi said.

To be built at an estimated cost of Rs. 3.87 crore, the conservatory and breeding facility would be spread over an area of 2.5 acres and would consist of a night house, an open area, and a shaded area where the animals could take shelter during hot, sweltering days, zoo officials said.

Kamaljeet Singh, Patna Zoo Director, said that the Central Zoo Authority (CZA) would be footing 60% of the total cost of building the conservatory while the state bearing the rest 40% of the expenses.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

More News...

Crime Goes Unabated in Patna; Another Person Murdered

Dec 17, 2017
Family members mourn the murder of Dharmendra Yadav in Patna on Saturday.
Patna: Despite claims of improved law and order in the state, crime continued to skyrocket in Patna as unidentified criminals, just a day after the…

A Blunt Manjhi Says Prohibition has Failed in Bihar

Dec 14, 2017
HAM leader JItan Ram Manjhi sitting on a dharna in Patna on Wednesday.
Patna: Former Chief Minister of Bihar and Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM) leader Jitan Ram Manjhi, feeling neglected by the NDA, sat on a day-long…

IMA Protecting Fake Hospitals, Quacks for Money; Claims Pappu Yadav

Dec 14, 2017
Pappu Yadav holding a press meet in Patna on Wednesday.
Patna: Pappu Yadav, the Jan Adhikar Party (JAP) leader who has waged a war against the doctors and hospitals in Bihar claiming the system was rigged…

Tej Pratap Talks about Fielding 'Honest' Candidates in University Elections

Dec 14, 2017
RJD leader Tej Pratap Yadav talking to the student cell of the party on Wednesday.
Patna: Tej Pratap Yadav, the eldest son of Lalu Prasad Yadav, on Wednesday held the meeting of the party's student unit to formulate strategy on…

Seven Arrested in the November 22 Killing of Patna Businessman

Dec 13, 2017
Patna SSP Manu Maharaj holding a press meet following the arrest of Patna businessman's killers.
Patna: The city police on Tuesday busted the murder case of Jitendra Kumar Gandhi, the owner of Khadim showroom in Raja Bazaar, wide open with the…

Protest in Patna over the Killing of Engineer in Hajipur

Dec 13, 2017
Students in Patna protest against engineer's murder.
Patna: Students in Patna on Tuesday held a peaceful candle-light vigil to protest against the killing of Veermani Kumar, an engineer, who was gunned…

View Your Patna

/30

Your Favorite Recipes on PD

Recipes

Latest Comments

Recent Articles in Readers Write, Lifestyle, Feature, and Blog Sections