Uma Bharati Wants Ganga to be Included in World Heritage Site

Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Uma Bharati, who is in Patna for the last three days as part of her ongoing Ganga Samagra Yatra, while taking part in the Ganga Arti at Gandhi Ghat in Patna on Sunday, made a case for the river Ganges for the World Heritage Site saying if the Taj Mahal could be accorded the World Heritage status, there was no reason Ganga couldn't enjoy the same position.

"Millions of people are connected with the Ganges so it is only appropriate for it to have the World Heritage status," Bharati said.

Praising the state government to have taken initiative to launch the ambitious 'Clean Ganga' campaign, the BJP leader said that other states should emulate Bihar and help fight pollution in the river that has a special place in the hearts of all Indians.

The former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh also called for Patna'ites to help form a human chain on December 2 to promote awareness about the need to keep Ganga clean.

Once again taking shot at the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Bharati said that it would impact only 15% of the top echelon while having devastating economic impact on the rest 85%.

"This is a very bad policy and it must be withdrawn immediately," she said.

Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Bihar BJP state President Dr. C. P. Thakur, party national general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan, Arun Sinha, Giriraj Singh, Mangal Pandey, and Sanjay Mayukh were among many others who also spoke on the occasion.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

More News...

JD-U Spokesperson Sanjay Singh Calls Sharad Yadav 'Shikhandi'

Sep 20, 2017
JD-U leaders Sharad Yadav and Sanjay Singh.
Patna: Janata Dal – U leader and Nitish Kumar's chosen attack man Sanjay Singh, on Tuesday compared former party President Sharad Yadav to…

Patna Golfer Leads the Field with 7-under Par in Noida

Sep 20, 2017
Patna golfer Aman Raj in Noida.
Noida: Patna's young golfer Aman Raj who turned pro only a year ago after making a name for himself in the amateur circuit for the past few years,…

RJD Leader Taslimuddin Laid to Rest with Full State Honors

Sep 20, 2017
The funeral of RJD leader Mohammed Taslimuddin in Araria on Tuesday.
Araria: Former Central Minister and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MP from Araria Mohammed Taslimuddin, who died after a brief illness at a Chennai…

Eight Men Arrested in Bihta Cinema Hall Owner's Killing

Sep 19, 2017
Patna SSP holding a press meet after the arrest of eight men in connection with the Bihta murder.
Patna: Police in Patna on Monday arrested eight men in connection with the killing of a movie theater owner in Bihta who was gunned down by…

Nitish Agrees with BJP on Holding Simultaneous National and State Polls

Sep 19, 2017
BJP leader Prem Kumar, Sushil Kumar Modi, and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday.
Patna: Speaking after his weekly Lok Samvad program in Patna on Monday, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar showed all signs of him now being comfortably…

All Indian Villages to have Electricity by Next Month: Union Minister

Sep 19, 2017
Union Minister of State for Energy R K Singh being welcomed by party leaders in Patna on Monday.
Patna: First time since becoming the Central Minister of State for Energy, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader R K Singh arrived in Patna on Monday…

PhotoGallery

photogallery module

Your Favorite Recipes on PD

Recipes

Latest Comments

Recent Articles in Readers Write, Lifestyle, Feature, and Blog Sections