Goes great with either rice or roti/paratha. (Need a pressure cooker for this dish)
For 2 Person(s)
- 500 grams chana daal
- 350 grams minced goat/lamb meat
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, ground
- 4 green chili
- 1/2 cup(s) coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee/butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder (to taste)
Daal Keema Directions
- Wash the chana dal and soak overnight. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in the pressure cooker pan and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add cleaned and washed minced meat and fry, adding a little beaten curd at a time till the meat is deep brown.
- Add chana dal to the meat and stir in the turmeric coriander, chili powder, salt and ginger.
- Fry for a minute, add 1.5 cups of water, close cooker and place on medium heat.
- When the steam escapes from the vent, put vent weight in place, reduce heat and pressure-cook for 5-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool the cooker for five minutes, open cooker and add split green chili and garam masala powder and place cooker back on fire and cook for 1-2 minutes more, stirring the dal to mix well but not to break.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.