Aloo Potol Dalna - Bengali Style
Need a pressure cooker for this oh-so-good dish.
For 6 Person(s)
- 6 small potatoes
- 1/2 kilo(s) parwal, (potol in Bengali)
- 3 tablespoon(s) mustard oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) tiny coconut pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 4 green chilies
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 inch long cinnamon sticks
- 2 cardamoms
Aloo Potol Dalna - Bengali Style Directions
- Preparation: Grind and make a paste separately 1.5 tsp. coriander and 1 tsp. cumin seeds. Grind finely 2" cinnamon sticks (or cinnamon powder, if available) and also the cardamom seeds. Peel and cut the potatoes in halves. Scrape and cut the parwals length-wise in halves or in three pieces, if big in size.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker pan and fry coconut until light brown and keep aside.
- Re-heat the oil and fry bay leaves and green chilies for a minute in it.
- Add coriander paste sprinkled with a little water.
- When fried, add the vegetables, coconut, sugar, salt and chilly powder. Add one cup of water and close the pressure cooker with its lid.
- When the steam starts escaping from the vent-tube, place the vent weight and pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Cool cooker, open and add cardamom and cinnamon powder, mix well, re-heat and remove.
- Serve hot.
Be the first to post a review
PD Recipe Reviews
By Susan Efa (9 days ago)
By marsin (03 months ago)
About Bari-Kadhi - Popular in Bihar and UP
By Vidya Mathur, UK (04 months ago)
About Aloo Methi Patta Sabzi
By MichaelPn (05 months ago)
About Frozen Margarita
By Rahul Chandra (05 months ago)
About Pico de Gallo
By Nandini Mukherjee, USA (05 months ago)
About Shrimp Scampi
By SattuShop (05 months ago)
About Sattu ka Paratha
By Rashmi Paul (06 months ago)
About Fish with Yogurt