Bhindi Do Pyaza
Spicy side dish for a sumptuous meal. Can also be the part of the main course.
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 cup(s) bhindi (okra), sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon(s) nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder (haldi)
- 3 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
- 2 Whole green chilies, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) thick curd (yogurt), whisked
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Bhindi Do Pyaza Directions
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and nigella seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add the onions, turmeric powder, ginger paste and green chilies and cook till the onions are tender.
- Add the bhindi and salt and cook over a medium flame till the bhindi is tender.
- Add the whisked curds and cook till the curds dry out.
- Serve hot with parathas or rotis.