Note: If you don't find minced chicken at the store, buy skinless, boneless chicken, wash and dry, then grind in a food process with mincing steel blades.
Waiting time 5m
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 4 pods of garlics, minced
- 5 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) yogurt or sour cream
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) kasuri methi
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish)
Chicken Keema Directions
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and the crushed dry red chilies. When the seeds begin to sizzle, add the ground chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion. Cook until the onion begins to turn brown.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes. Also, add turmeric, red chili, cumin and coriander powders, and mix.
- Cook until the tomatoes are cooked and the oil separates.
- Now add browned ground chicken. Cook till the chicken and tomato have mixed together (about 15 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Add salt, yogurt, water, and kasuri methi. Boil, then cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 min.
- Add the peas and garam masala powder, and cook for another 10 min.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and sliced boiled eggs.
Be the first to post a review
PD Recipe Reviews
By marsin (1 month ago)
About Bari-Kadhi - Popular in Bihar and UP
By Vidya Mathur, UK (02 months ago)
About Aloo Methi Patta Sabzi
By MichaelPn (02 months ago)
About Frozen Margarita
By Rahul Chandra (02 months ago)
About Pico de Gallo
By Nandini Mukherjee, USA (03 months ago)
About Shrimp Scampi
By SattuShop (03 months ago)
About Sattu ka Paratha
By Rashmi Paul (03 months ago)
About Fish with Yogurt
By Vaishakhi Chatterjee (04 months ago)