Chatpata Chana Aloo
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 kilo(s) potatoes
- 1/2 kilo(s) black chana, soaked overnight
- 2 Whole onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro (coriander) leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 5 Whole green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon(s) besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 piece(s) dry mango khatai, soaked and ground to paste with 1 tsp dry roasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup(s) curry leaves
Chatpata Chana Aloo Directions
- Soak the Chana overnight in water.
- Peel and cut the Potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the Oil in a pan and add the Onions. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Curry leaves, Cumin seeds, Salt, Chili powder, and Green Chilies. Stir well.
- Add Gram flour and fry well.
- Then add the Chana and mix again.
- Add the Potatoes and fry well.
- Add 2 & 1/2 cups water, let it cook on high heat until the water reduces to the level of Chana.
- Lower the heat and cook on a low heat till the Chana and Potatoes are cooked and soft.
- Add Salt, Tamarind pulp, Khatai cumin paste and Lemon Juice. Stir well.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve.