Note: If you don't find minced chicken at the store, buy skinless, boneless chicken, wash and dry, then grind in a food process with mincing steel blades.
Waiting time 5m
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 4 pods of garlics, minced
- 5 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) yogurt or sour cream
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) kasuri methi
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish)
Chicken Keema Directions
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and the crushed dry red chilies. When the seeds begin to sizzle, add the ground chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion. Cook until the onion begins to turn brown.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes. Also, add turmeric, red chili, cumin and coriander powders, and mix.
- Cook until the tomatoes are cooked and the oil separates.
- Now add browned ground chicken. Cook till the chicken and tomato have mixed together (about 15 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Add salt, yogurt, water, and kasuri methi. Boil, then cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 min.
- Add the peas and garam masala powder, and cook for another 10 min.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and sliced boiled eggs.