Parwal Sabzi in Coconut Cream
A great variation of parwal.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ginger, garlic paste
- 1 cup(s) Grated coconut
- 1 Tomato (large)
- 1 Onion (large)
- 200 grams Potatoes
- 500 grams Parwal
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) Chopped coriander leaves
- 6 teaspoon(s) Oil
Parwal Sabzi in Coconut Cream Directions
- Scrape parwal and slit but do not cut in 2 pieces.
- Smear it with salt and turmeric powder.
- Peel and cut potatoes into strips.
- Cut onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil, fry whole slit parwal and potatoes and keep aside.
- In the same pan add bay leaf chopped onion and stir for few minutes.
- When onion is golden brown add ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till oil separates.
- Add fried parwal and potatoes into it and stir properly.
- Add 3 cups of coconut milk and salt to taste and cook it on low flame.
- Remove from fire, add “garam masala” powder and grated coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
- Tips: To prepare coconut milk, add 2 to 3 cups of hot water into grated coconut and put it in the jar of a grinder. Grind till coconut turns into fine paste. Remove ground coconut paste and extract milk through a strainer.