Fish with Yogurt
A popular dish in Bihar and West Bengal.
Waiting time 5m
For 2 Person(s)
- 2 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) mustard or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 slices of ginger, grated
- 1 pound(s) halibut fish
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) yogurt
Fish with Yogurt Directions
- Cut fish into serving pieces.
- Heat oil and brown the onions. Add cumin, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, and ginger. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in fish, salt and yogurt. Mix well and simmer until fish is cooked, watching carefully and stirring occasionally.