Cilantro and Chili Fish
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 3/4 pound(s) white fish fillets such as monkfish or sole
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper, or to taste
- 3 ounce(s) fresh cilantro
- 4 green chilies, seeded, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 lemon, cut in wedges for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro, chopped for garnishing
Cilantro and Chili Fish Directions
- Trim any skin and bones from fish, cut flesh into 1x3-inch strips.
- Spread fish strips in a shallow non-metal dish and sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put cilantro, chili, garlic and water in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until smooth, frequently scraping down mixture.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from paste, place in a shallow dish and stir in yogurt.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350°F (175°C) or until a 1-inch bread cube browns in 65 seconds.
- Drain fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip the strips in yogurt mixture, coating them all over and fry a few at a time 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve at once, garnished with lemon wedges and cilantro leaves.