Jasmine is perhaps best-known for its exotic, sweet-smelling fragrance, it blooms all summer on a semi-vining shrub. Some varieties of jasmine can also be grown indoors, where they bloom year-round. Whether they're in the garden or inside your home, jasmines are easy to plant and maintain. Apart from its usage in aromatherapy, landscaping, as loose flowers and in perfumery, it is also used as a healthy drink as “Jasmine Tea”.
Jasmine tea: It is a type of scented tea which absorbs aroma from jasmine blossoms. Jasmine tea employs green tea as the tea base. Basically, tea leaves are harvested and stored till the jasmine are in full bloom, then the tea is blended with Jasmine flowers and stored overnight. During the night Jasmine flowers open, bloom and release their fragrance into the tea.
Health benefits of jasmine tea:
- Jasmine tea act as antioxidant and thus reduce the free radicals in the body, it effectively lowers the chances of developing cancer. Antioxidants also play a valuable role in slowing down the aging process.
- Some studies even claim that consumption of jasmine tea can help those who want to loose weight.
- It helps in lowering blood pressure and strengthening the immune system.
- It helps in prevention of ailments such as diarrhea, gastric ailments, cholera and ulcers.
- It helps in relieving headache and also provides relief from stress.
- Jasmine tea has some antiviral and antibacterial properties. It is widely believed that gargling with jasmine tea can help in prevention of colds and influenza.
- Consuming jasmine tea is believed to reduce the chances of developing diabetes.
- Jasmine improves blood circulation, thus help in preventing strokes and arterial blocks.
Thus with all these benefits Jasmine tea is gaining a lot of popularity among people all over the world. People who are having habit of taking tea many times can replace their milk tea with this healthy one and can gain the benefits.
Deepika Kr. Umesh is a Ph.D. scholar at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi. She hails from Nalanda district in Bihar.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS