Fire at Restaurant in Mona Cinema Building; No Injuries

A fire truck parked outside Mona Cinema in Patna on Wednesday.

Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Patna: Panic ensued briefly at Patna's Mona Cinema on Wednesday when people saw smoke coming out of the building though in the end everything turned out fine as the fire was detected in the restaurant located in the same building and not inside the movie theater.

The kitchen of Masala Junction where fire started on Wednesday.As reported, the fire started in the kitchen of the Masala Junction, a popular restaurant located within the same building at the northeastern end of the Gandhi Maidan, causing people to rush out of the building to avoid being caught in the flame.

With memories of Uphaar Cinema tragedy in New Delhi in 1997 still fresh in the minds of many; people assumed the fire began inside Mona Cinema during the screening of Bollywood megahit 'Sultan'.

Within minutes fire trucks arrived at the spot and brought the fire under control within 10 minutes.

The damage in the kitchen was said to be minimal.

The manager of the theater, realizing the movie-goers were under no threat of being caught in the fire at any time, allowed the show to continue.

No one was said to be hurt in the incident.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

View Your Patna

/30
Due to worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, PatnaDaily is running in a restricted mode as our reporters and photographers remain indoor due to the recent nationwide lock-down. We will resume full service as soon as possible. Stay safe and thanks for your patience.
Toggle Bar

Latest Comments