Patna: Three shops in Patna were completely gutted when a fire broke out in the busy Churi Market in Dariapur area under Kadam Kuan police station on Wednesday afternoon causing damage to the tune of several lakh rupees.
As reported, some electricians were doing some work on an electric transformer located very close to a clothing shop owned by one Umesh Kumar. There was a big spark from the transformer but no one paid any attention to it until someone saw smoke coming out of the second floor of the shop where bundles of cotton were stored.
Within minutes, the fire spread in two adjacent shops as dark smoke bellowed from all three shops forcing people to run for their safety.
It was not until almost 30 minutes when fire trucks arrived at the scene but by then damage was done as all three shops were completely burnt down destroying everything inside them.
It took nearly three hours to control the fire. No one was said to be hurt in the incident.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS