Fire Destroys Property Worth Several Lakh at a Nala Road Furniture Shop

Fire at a furniture shop in Patna on Saturday.

Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Patna: A massive fire broke out in a furniture shop on Nala Road under Kadam Kuan police station on Saturday evening causing a panic in the area while also destroying properties worth several lakh rupees.

The owner of Patna Furniture Rishikesh Kumar said the shop is located on the ground floor with the first and second floors serving as its warehouse. The fire, allegedly caused by a short circuit, broke out on the first floor but before the fire officials could be informed, it spread swiftly on the second and ground floor.

Furniture shop on Nala Road.

With furniture made of wood, fabric, and foam, soon all three floors were engulfed in raging inferno.

If took nearly two hours for five fire trucks from Lodipur and Kankarbagh fire stations to finally bring the situation under control.

No one was said to be in the incident and damage due to fire and water to adjacent buildings were minimal, police said.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

View Your Patna

/30

Latest Comments