Fire on Electricity Pole Destroys Properties in Patna

People try to douse flame in a fire caused by electrical short-circuit in Patna on Tuesday.

Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Patna: Exposing the government's hollow promise of better infrastructure in Bihar even as electrical cables hang over each pole and transformers offering an ugly look of jumble wires posing serious threat to anyone passing under it, a fire on a transformer pole in Langartoli in Patna on Tuesday morning damaged a nearby building, a car, a motorcycle and some other properties.

Apparently caused by an electrical short circuit, a transformer near Fakhruddin Plaza in Langartoli around 11:00 am, amid a complex web of power cables, caught fire and soon became out of control threatening everything around it.

While people in the area awaited the firefighters to arrive, some used buckets of water in an attempt to douse the flame without any success.

By the time fire tenders arrived, several private properties in the area including a car, a motorbike, and a hand cart, were completely destroyed in the flame. Fortunately, due to the direction the wind was blowing, a nearby apartment building managed to escape what could have been a very tragic day for some people.

No one was said to be hurt in the incident.

Eyewitnesses in the area said residents had complained about the defective transformer in the past but their complaints were falling on deaf ears.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

View Your Patna

/30
Due to worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, PatnaDaily is running in a restricted mode as our reporters and photographers remain indoor due to the recent nationwide lock-down. We will resume full service as soon as possible. Stay safe and thanks for your patience.
Toggle Bar

Latest Comments