Patna: Senior Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Raghuvansh Prasad Singh who remains hospitalized in Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for Coronavirus-related complications, on Thursday tendered his resignation from the party saying he had had enough of the RJD after being a member of it for long 32 years.

Singh, who had been a loyal soldier of the party led by its founder Lalu Prasad Yadav and his wife Rabri Devi and then forced to pledge his allegiance to the duo’s son and party heir-apparent Tejaswi Yadav, in a hand-written letter to the party chief, wrote in Hindi that he stood by him for the last 32 years following the death of former Chief Minister and veteran socialist Karpoori Thakur but no more.

“I have received a lot of love and support from the party so please forgive me (for leaving the party)”, he further said in his resignation letter written from his hospital room.

Hand-written letter by Raghuvansh Prasad Singh.

As noted, it is the election season in Bihar and party-hopping and issuing political bluff is not uncommon during this period. Earlier, former Janata Dal - U leader Shyam Rajak left his party to go back to his original party of Lalu while Chandrika Rai, life-long RJD leader and father-in-law of Lalu’s son Tej Pratap Yadav, left the party and joined Nitish-led JD-U saying RJD, under the leadership of Lalu’s two sons, was a spent force and had no future in the progress of Bihar.

Meanwhile, the RJD chief who makes a Ranchi jail his home for the last few years for his conviction in the multi-crore rupees fodder scam, upon hearing the news of Raghuvansh Prasad Singh’s sudden resignation, sent a reply to him insisting he was not going anywhere.

“I don’t believe you are leaving us. Please get well and come home and we will sit down and talk about everything. You are not going anywhere,” Yadav reportedly said in his letter.

Sources, however, said that there was a strong likelihood of Singh joining JD-U after being discharged from the hospital as he had no intention to remain in the party with Tejaswi Yadav being the face of it.

As reported, Singh was rushed to the AIIMS after his condition suddenly deteriorated last Tuesday. It is said that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar took personal interest in Singh and made arrangements to shift him to AIIMS in Delhi without wasting any time.

Recent Comments