Kanda (Onion) Bhajia
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 medium Onion (kanda)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ajwain (carom) seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup(s) besan (gram flour)
- 2 cup(s) cooking oil (for deep fry)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Kanda (Onion) Bhajia Directions
- Thinly slice the onion.
- In a small container, put the sliced onions and add salt, mix it well and keep aside for 10-15 min.
- Now add the gram flour, carom seeds, red chili powder, and turmeric powder to the sliced onion. Mix it well. The batter should be smooth and thick (don't add water). Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Heat oil in a Karahi (pan). When the oil is sufficiently hot, drop spoonful of batter into the oil. Turn it over so that both sides are properly cooked.
- When it turns golden brown it is done. Take it out from the oil with a help of a slotted spoon and keep it on a paper towel so that excess oil is absorbed.
- Continue the same process with rest of the batter.
- Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or have it as it is with a cup of tea.