Paneer and Corn Curry
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) broken cashew
- 1 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 tablespoon(s) warm milk
- 1 cup(s) paneer (cheese, tofu), cut into 1" cube and pan fried
- 1 cup(s) sweet corn kernels, boiled or if frozen, pan fried in 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, puréed or finely chopped
- 1 piece(s) bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 piece(s) cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 4 medium tomatoes, blanched, peeled, and puréed
- 1/2 cup(s) yogurt, beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) whipping cream or plain milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Paneer and Corn Curry Directions
- Soak the cashew and poppy seeds in warm milk for 25 min.
- Add garlic and ginger and grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add the onions, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add chili powder, ground paste and tomatoes and simmer for 3 to 4 min
- Add yoghurt, cream, sugar, garam masala and salt and simmer till the gravy thickens and the oil separates from the masala.
- Add some water to thin down the gravy if required. Add the paneer and corn and mix well. Boil and simmer for 5-10 min covered.
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro.