Tahari with Aloo Gobhi Matar
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rice
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in cubes
- 1 cup(s) cauliflower florets
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen green peas
- 4 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) shahi jeera
- 1 piece(s) bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 pods black cardamom
- 1 pods green cardamom
- 4 piece(s) cloves
- 1 1/2 cup(s) onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 cup(s) methi leaves, chopped finely
- 1 cup(s) cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Tahari with Aloo Gobhi Matar Directions
- Soak rice in three cups of water for fifteen to twenty minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a vessel, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, black & green cardamom and cloves. When they change color add onion and sauté till light brown. Add grated ginger & garlic (or ginger-garlic paste) and fry for 4 min.
- Add tomato and methi leaves and fry till the tomatoes are fully mashed & cooked and oil starts coming out. (for about 10 to 15 minutes) Now add potato and fry for 5 min, add cauliflower and green peas and sauté on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder and salt and stir fry for 5 min. Add rice & mix gently & fry for another 2 min.
- Now add 3 cups of hot water. Boil, Cover and cook on low heat for 15 min or till rice is done. Leave it covered after switching off the heat for 10 min. Then garnish with cilantro and serve with cilantro chutney.