A recipe from the south.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 kilo(s) chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander powder
- 0.25 tablespoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves
- 10 leaves of mint (pudina)
- 0.5 cup(s) grated coconut
- 10 cashew nuts soaked in milk for 10-15 minutes
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
Coconut Chicken Directions
- Make paste of 1 medium onion, cilantro leaves, grated ginger-garlic, mint (pudina) leaves, grated coconut, cashew nuts, and turmeric powder.
- Marinade the chicken in coriander paste along with slit green chili for an hour or so.
- Heat oil in a pan; add slit green chili and chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add chicken and cook on high flame for about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and add ground masala and salt.
- Cook for 8-10 mins, uncovered, till oil separates.
- Sprinkle little water if the sauce sticks to the pan.
- Add garam masala powder and mix well. Cook till chicken is done.
- Before removing, add 1 tbsp of ghee to it.
- Enjoy with paratha or steamed rice.