Green Chili Pickle
Made over a period of about a week, once done, you'll never go back to the one bought from stores!
Waiting time 4d
For 1 Person(s)
- 3 tablespoon(s) raii (black mustard seeds)
- 1 tablespoon(s) asafetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon(s) methi (fenugreek seeds)
- 1 pound(s) fresh green chili, washed, dried, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) mustard oil
- 1/2 cup(s) lemon juice
Green Chili Pickle Directions
- Combine raii, heeng and methi seeds.
- Heat a pan and dry roast over medium heat stirring till fragrant about 3 minutes.
- Cool and grind to coarse powder.
- Put sliced chili in a bowl. Add spice powder, haldi, salt and stir to coat chili nicely.
- Pour this mixture in a sterilized jar. Set aside overnight, at room temperature.
- Next day heat oil to smoking point at medium heat.
- Pour slowly over chili spice mixture. It will foam and sizzles. Let it cool.
- Cap jar and set in sun for a day.
- Next day add enough lemon juice to cover chilies.
- Cap and put in sun again for 3-4 days.