Suji Nariyal Laddu
A popular Indian sweet available in all parts of India.
Waiting time 20m
For 2 Dozen(s)
- 1 cup(s) sliced almonds, pistachios, and cashew
- 3 teaspoon(s) cardomom powder
- 1.5 cup(s) water
- 1.5 cup(s) ghee
- 250 grams grated coconut
- 3.5 cup(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) suji (semolina)
- 0.25 cup(s) resin
Suji Nariyal Laddu Directions
- Take ghee in a pan and add Suji to it. Roast on low flame till pink.
- Add grated coconut to it and roast for more 2-3 mins.
- Now in different vessel take the water and add sugar to it.
- Boil till sugar melts and forms a sticky solution. (To make chashni)
- Once done, turn-off the stove and immediately add the suji-coconut mix to it.
- Add elaichi powder and sliced nuts, resins to it.
- Mix all and keep mixing at regular intervals till it comes to a semi solid state. It takes 2-3 hours to come to a state where you can make laddus of the mix.
- Once in proper state roll it into round shapes to make laddus.
- Alternately, you can also roll the mix in a greased plate and cut it into square pieces once set. Shelf Time - one week outside. Can refrigerate up to a month.