Great recipe loved by both vegetarians and meat-lovers.
For 4 Person(s)
- 300 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) fresh cream (malai) - half for less fat
- 2 tablespoon(s) maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup(s) whole milk (1.5 cup of low fat, if using half cup cream)
- 6 tablespoon(s) tomato ketchup or sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter (1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil, if making it low fat)
- 2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil for frying the paneer
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Paneer Makhanwala Directions
- Cut the paneer into long strips.
- Lightly fry the paneer strips in a little oil in a non-stick pan. Place the paneer in warm water.
- Mix the cream (malai), maida (all-purpose flour), milk, tomato ketchup or sauce and red chilli powder, till smooth.
- Heat the butter and fry the onions and bell pepper (capsicum) strips till onion is pale in color.
- Add the paneer, cream, and salt and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with parathas or puris.