Great as meal or snack. Goes great with drinks as well.
Waiting time 20m
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely grated onion
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 0.75 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 kilo(s) thin fish filet (Rehu, Snapper, or Halibut)
- 0.5 cup(s) cornmeal
- 0.5 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil (to be used during frying)
Fried Fish Directions
- Combine onion, ground coriander, chili powder, black pepper, garlic, salt, and 2 tablespoons of oil to make a paste.
- Liberally smear paste over fish fillets, refrigerate, covered for about an hour to marinade.
- When ready to prepare, dip the fillets into the combination of cornmeal and flour.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil until very hot. Place two pieces of fish at a time in oil. Fry, turning once, until golden brown and cooked completely.