Chatpati (Aaloo Tikki Chaat)
You haven't lived if you haven't tried it. Available at roadside dhabas or at 5-star hotels.
For 2 Person(s)
- 2 Whole potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (dhania patta), chopped
- 1 Whole onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chili powder, or as desired
- 1 Whole green chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) tamarind chutney
- 1 Whole papad
- 2 tablespoon(s) kala chana
- 1 Whole pomegranate seed (anardana)
- 2 tablespoon(s) pudina, dhania-patta chutney (mint leaves-cilantro chutney)
- 2 tablespoon(s) mixture (dal-moth)
- 1 Whole tomato, chopped
- 1 cup(s) yogurt (dahi)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Chatpati (Aaloo Tikki Chaat) Directions
- Add dry mango powder, salt, red chili powder to the mashed potato and make small tikki (flat cake rolled with hand).
- Heat the tawa (griddle) and add oil to it. Fry turning it occasionally until it becomes red on both sides.
- In a serving container, put a small piece of papad; put aaloo tikka on it; cover it with another small piece of papad.
- Put dhaniya-pudina's chutney and tamarind chutney over it.
- Now add yogurt, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chili, daal-moth, mashed papad and anardana.
- Serve hot in a plate and enjoy!