Popular north-Indian recipe.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken, cut in cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, cubed
- 1 large green or yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic-ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chili powder, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as per taste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cL fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
Chicken Jalfrezi Directions
- Take a large vessel or cooking pot, fry the chopped onions in 3 tbsp oil till light brown.
- Add garlic-ginger paste, red chili, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and finely chopped tomatoes. Cover and allow the tomatoes to tenderize.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked turning frequently to cook evenly.
- Take 1 tbsp of oil and put in a separate frying pan. Heat and add the cubed onion, bell pepper, cubed tomato, green chili and garam masala.
- Fry this for a while till the vegetables soften lightly. Do not over burn the bell pepper and other ingredients.
- Add this mixture into the vessel containing cooked chicken. Mix evenly and keep stirring for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice or naan.