Lasuni Murg (Garlic Chicken)
Excellent recipe by PatnaDaily resident cooking expert Mrs. Ranjana Lal.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 1/4 pound(s) boneless chicken, cleaned and cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped onions
- 6 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
- 4 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
- 3 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 4 teaspoon(s) yogurt
- 2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 6 teaspoon(s) badam (almond) paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) jaiphal (nutmeg) powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) javitri powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper powder
- 4 teaspoon(s) fried, chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) kesar (saffron) mixed with water
Lasuni Murg (Garlic Chicken) Directions
- Lightly roast badam and soak in water for a while. Grind into a paste and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, and fry onions.
- Pour in the garlic and ginger paste. Mix well and fry for 5 min.
- Add coriander powder and 4-5 tbsp of water. Continue to stir and fry.
- Mix in yogurt, add the red chili powder, and mix again.
- Pour in the badam paste and cook until oil comes out.
- Add the chicken and mix well. Add salt and water, cook for sometime, or until the chicken is well cooked.
- Add jaifal and javitri powder, pepper powder, fried garlic and kesar ghol and mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.