Sweet Lemon Pickle
A great addition to any dining table for added taste.
For 1 Person(s)
- 25 Whole lemons
- 2 kilo(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 50 grams cumin powder, roasted
- 150 grams red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) asafetida (heeng), roasted
- 100 grams salt
- 1 1/4 liter(s) water
Sweet Lemon Pickle Directions
- Lemon Preparation
- Wash and dry lemons thoroughly.
- Cut the lemon into 4 equal parts. Put lemon pieces into a sterilized jar, add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cover and keep the jar out in the sun for one month. (Make sure that you shake the jar at least twice a day.)
- After maturation of one month, put out lemon pieces separately on a dry plate under fan air in a room.
- Syrup preparation
- Mix sugar with water. Let it simmer on medium heat, keep stirring in between, till one string of consistency. (To check 1 string consistency of the syrup, put one drop between your forefinger and thumb, slowly move fingers apart. If one thin string or thread is there, that means syrup is ready).
- Add lemon pieces in the syrup on medium heat, cook till pieces come to the upper layer of the syrup. Keep aside for cooling.
- Put it in dried glass jar.
- Add red chili powder, cumin powder and asafetida to the jar. Mix properly.