Stir Fried Chicken
Spicy stir-fried chicken, Indian style.
For 6 Person(s)
- 3 pound(s) chicken, small pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) brown mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) urad daal
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seed
- 3 while dried red chilies
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh green cilantro, chopped
Stir Fried Chicken Directions
- Remove the skin and all fat from the chicken pieces. Cut chicken into 2" pieces. Rub salt and turmeric on the chicken pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mustard seeds, cover with a lid to avoid splattering and cook until they stop popping.
- Add the daal, fennel seeds and red chilies. Fry until the chilies darken.
- Add the onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add the chicken and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, while continuing to stir.
- Cook until the chicken is tender and slightly brown or about 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.