Egg Fried Rice
Goes great with chicken chili or spicy potato curry.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1.33 cup(s) Basmati rice
- 1 cup(s) cold water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 4 floz green peas
Egg Fried Rice Directions
- Wash and rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- Place the rice in a saucepan and add the water. There should be no more than ¾ inch of water above the surface of the rice.
- Bring to a boil, add the salt and oil, then stir to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to very, very low and cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a pinch of the salt and a few pieces of the scallions.
- Heat the oil in a preheated wok and lightly scramble the eggs.
- Add the rice and stir to make sure that each grain of rice is separated.
- Add the remaining salt, scallions and peas. Blend well and serve.