Another jalfrezi variation - this time with cheese.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) paneer (deep fried and cut in small cubes)
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 Whole green bell pepper, sliced thick
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Punjabi garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 3 Whole green chili, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato ketchup
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil, to deep fry paneer
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Paneer Jalfrezi Directions
- Deep fry paneer cubes till light golden.
- Drain from oil and soak in a bowl of hot water, drain before using.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed and fry till dark.
- Add green chili, fry for a min.
- Add sliced onion, fry until it is translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, stir fry until raw smell is gone.
- Now add sliced tomato. Fry for 2 min turning gently.
- Add spice powders and salt, keep stirring until spice powder is well mixed.
- Add sliced bell pepper and fry for 5 min.
- Add ketchup, mix and cook for 2 min.
- Finally add drained paneer cubes, mix gently and cook for 5 min.
- Remove from heat, garnish with fresh cilantro. Paneer Jalfrezi is ready to be served.