A typical Bihari dessert.
Waiting time 20m
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cardamom
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) jaggery, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) plain flour
- 2 cup(s) ghee to deep fry
- Put jaggery and water in a deep vessel.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Keep aside to cool to room temperature.
- Sieve both flours.
- Mix in cardamom.
- Add jaggery water, mix with electric whipper.
- When well mixed, heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of thick mixture, few at a time.
- Fry on low flame, for 3-4 minutes, or till lightly browned.
- Drain, allow to cool.