A note from Mrs. Ranjana Lal: Even though I am a vegetarian, it's a favorite in my family and liked by my friends too. Easy to make and if less oil is used, very healthy.
For 3 Person(s)
- 4 tablespoon(s) chili garlic (Sambal) sauce available at most Indian or Chinese grocery stores.
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato ketchup
- 500 grams boneless chicken or chicken legs
- 1/3 cup(s) green chili, cut on slant
- 1 tablespoon(s) crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) crushed garlic
- 2 thin red dry red chili broken in pieces (can take more)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon(s) special chili garlic sauce (prepared in advance)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup(s) cashew nuts
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in
- 1 large onion, also cut in thick long strip
- 4 tablespoon(s) soy sauce (for marinade)
- 2 tablespoon(s) corn flour (for marinade)
- 2 tablespoon(s) red chili powder (for marinade)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) agino moto (for marinade)
- 4 tablespoon(s) special chili garlic sauce (for marinade)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste (for marinade)
Chili Chicken Directions
- Mix chili garlic (Sambal) sauce, vinegar, Tabasco sauce, sugar, vegetable or olive oil, soy sauce, salt, and tomato ketchup in a bowl and keep aside.
- Fry 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in ¼ inch long strips and 1 big onion, also cut in thick long strip in a hot non-stick pan in as little oil as possible for 2 minutes and keep aside for later use. Cut chicken in medium size pieces. Wash and drain.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for marinade with chicken pieces, mix, cover and keep in fridge for about 3 hours.
- Heat ½ cup oil in a pan and add chopped chicken along with marinade.
- Reduce heat and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn over the chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes again.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat ¼ cup oil and add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Stir and fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green chili, red chilies, and special chili garlic sauce and cashews.
- Mix and stir and fry on high heat for 2 min.
- Add already cooked chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Garnish with fried green bell pepper and onion strips. Serve.