Hyderabadi Green Chili Curry
If you love hot dishes, try this.
For 1 Person(s)
- 0.5 kilo(s) green chilies (thick ones for sabzi, jalapeno peppers can also be used)
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small dry coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic-ginger paste
- 6 piece(s) curry leaves
- 0.5 cup(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) nigella seeds (mangrella)
- 2 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin seeds (jeera)
- 6 piece(s) red chili
- 0.5 cup(s) fenugreek leaves (Methi) chopped
- 4 piece(s) curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) tamarind paste
Hyderabadi Green Chili Curry Directions
- Heat oil in a shallow pan.
- Fry chilies with salt and remove from pan. Immediately add ingredients from nigella seeds to 4 curry leaves in the oil, stir for 30 seconds, add sliced onions.
- Fry until pale golden. Add all spices to the onions along with 6 curry leaves and grated coconut.
- Now put the chilies in it and fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt and tamarind pulp mixed in 1 1/2 cups of water and boil. Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.