Traditional Indian potato dish suitable for all occasion. Need a pressure cooker for this dish.
For 4 Person(s)
- 6 large potatoes, cut into 6-8 chunks each
- 2 cup(s) fresh or frozen green peas
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro and other herbs
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon concentrate
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
Aloo Rasedaar Directions
- Pressure cook potato chunks and peas (do not cook peas if frozen being used) for about 6 minutes.
- Dice onions; chop ginger, green chili and garlic.
- Heat a little oil; add onions and sauté until golden. Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chili now and sauté.
- Add turmeric powder, cayenne pepper powder and dhaniya powder. Stir continuously until thoroughly mixed.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Sauté until tomato pieces are wilted.
- Add potatoes and peas. Top with 1½ cup of water. Add salt according to your taste.
- Simmer on low heat until gravy thickens slightly.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice, and serve hot.