A nice variation of the eggplant.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon jice
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 3/4 pound(s) eggplant (brinjal), trimmed and cut in 1" chunks
- 3 ounce(s) fresh paneer, crumbled
- 1 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) capers, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 pound(s) mixed (red, green, yellow etc.) bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved (or medium tomato chopped in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup(s) mint leaves or chopped cilantro
Eggplant Salad Directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Toss eggplant with ½ amount of vinaigrette, reserving the rest.
- Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden around edges, about 30 min.
- Let eggplant cool a bit.
- Whisk feta, garlic, and capers into reserved vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, combine eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, and mint leaves.
- Toss with vinaigrette and serve immediately.