Hot Tomato Pickle
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) tomatoes
- 20 piece(s) red chilies
- 1 cup(s) chopped ginger
- 1 cup(s) chopped garlic
- 2 cup(s) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Hot Tomato Pickle Directions
- Slice the tomatoes, smear turmeric and salt on them and soak them in 1 cup vinegar. Leave for about 2 hours.
- Blend together the garlic, ginger, red chilies and 3/4 of the mustard, with a little vinegar.
- Heat the oil and add the remaining mustard. When the mustard crackles, add the fenugreek seeds.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add the blended mixture. Fry well for over 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining vinegar. Stir continuously as the mixture comes to a boil.
- When the pickle is almost done, the oil begins to float at the top.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool. Store in a clean bottle. Will last for a year.