Murgh Haandi Lawabdaar
Also known as 'Karahi Chicken'.
For 3 Person(s)
- 500 grams chicken breast and legs
- 3 cardamom, whole
- 3 cloves, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 onions
- 50 grams cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
- 30 grams tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 200 mL chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon(s) double cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) sakt, or to taste
- 30 mL cooking oil
Murgh Haandi Lawabdaar Directions
- Heat stock in a sauce pan and cook your chicken in the stock. Keep it aside when chicken is tender and cooked.
- Cut onion lengthwise and then slice it.
- Heat oil in a small haandi (deep pan) and put the whole spice. When it has released the aroma put sliced onions.
- Fry onion till golden brown.
- Take out half the brown onion and make paste with cashew nut in a food processor.
- Add ginger and garlic paste in the haandi with rest of the onion.
- Add tomato paste and the ground spices and fry till oil separates.
- Add the chicken, stock, salt and the paste.
- Cook for 2-3 mins and then stir the cream in.
- Take off the heat and serve with a whirl of cream.