Chicken Tikka Masala
Real restaurant style
Waiting time 5m
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup(s) yogurt
- 2 teaspoon(s) roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 4 long skewers
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) roasted ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 8 floz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped cilantro
Chicken Tikka Masala Directions
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 tsp each cumin, chili and black pepper powders, 1 tsp each cinnamon powder, minced ginger and ½ tsp salt.
- Stir in chicken, mix nicely, cover and refrigerate for 1 or more hour.
- Preheat grill on high. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Thread chicken onto pre-soaked skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 to 7 min on each side and the chicken is golden.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and jalapeno for 1 min. Season with 2 tsp each, cumin, paprika, and 1 tsp salt.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 min.
- Taste for salt and add more if needed.
- Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 min or till tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with cilantro.