Great as snack or with drinks.
Waiting time 5m
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) yellow spilt peas, soaked for 1 hour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1/10 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/10 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped green pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh coriander leaves, chopped, for garnish
Shami Kabab Directions
- Combine ground lamb, soaked spilt peas and water in a saucepan and cook uncovered until water has evaporated. Cool it. Be sure there is very little excess fat in this mixture.
- Grind together the meat mixture, onion, garlic, green, pepper and ginger. Then grind again.
- Combine with the ground coriander, cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt , lime juice and beaten egg.
- Mix thoroughly and shape into small, even-sized balls. Flatten and fry until brown in vegetable oil.
- Serve garnished with raw onion slices and coriander leaves.