As prepared by my parents.
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) kala chana
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder, or as desired
- 2 teaspoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Kala-Chana Ghoomni Directions
- Take one cup kala chana and soak in water all night long prior to cooking next day.
- Boil kaala chana in water, add oil and salt.
- Let the chana get tender. It’s up to you to decide whether you want it a little dry or with a little gravy. However, do not dry completely.
- Grind onion. Then blend cumin (sufaid zeera) and black pepper in the onion.
- Put the paste of onion, ground cumin and black pepper in chana and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Now you can serve it with onion salad by garnishing with fresh cilantro, onion, green pepper and a hint of lemon.