Machhli Dum (Spicy Fish)
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 12 blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoon(s) gound ginger
- 6 green chilies
- 2 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 2 1/5
- 6 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 cup(s) yogurt, beaten
- 1 pound(s) fish, cut in steak style
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
Machhli Dum (Spicy Fish) Directions
- Wash fish well with water mixed with ground garlic.
- Grind the chilies, ginger, almonds, salt and sugar and mix with beaten curd.
- Add the fish pieces in it.
- Pour the spice mixture and marinate it for half an hour.
- Heat ghee in the cooker, lightly fry the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and tej patta (bay leaves) in it.
- Add the fish together with all the mixture.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and when the steam escapes the vent, put on it the weight and pressure cook for two-three minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat and cool immediately.