Lemon and Coriander Chicken
Try this for a different variation of chicken.
For 2 Person(s)
- 4 chicken thighs or legs, skinned
- 0.25 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 inch fresh ginger-root, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chili, seeded, finely chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) red cayenne pepper
- 0.75 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 0.5 cup(s) water
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 floz fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro (chopped) and lemon slices, to garnish
Lemon and Coriander Chicken Directions
- Rinse Chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Fry, turning frequently, until brown all over.
- Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add ginger-root and garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chili, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne pepper; cook for 1 minute more.
- Return chicken to pan, add water and lemon peel and juice. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over medium heat 25 to30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro leaves and lemon slices.