Huzoor Pasand Pulao (Pilaf)
The famous Mughlai recipe popular in northern India.
Waiting time 10m
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 cup(s) basmati rice
- 120 grams ghee (butter or oil will also work)
- 1 kilo(s) boneless lamb meet, cut in cubes
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 4 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, ground
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili pepper powder
- 6 cloves
- 6 green cardamoms
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) saffron
- 1/4 cup(s) blanched, slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup(s) blanched, slivered pistachios
- 1/2 cup(s) resins
Huzoor Pasand Pulao (Pilaf) Directions
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in cold water for half an hour, then drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in the pressure cooker, add onion and the lamb meat and fry on low heat until brown.
- Add curd (yogurt), garlic, ginger, cloves, cardamoms, salt and pepper.
- Stir well for 4-5 minutes, close and place on medium heat. When the steam escapes from the vent tube, place vent weight and pressure cook for 13-15 minutes. Remove pressure cooker and cool, open and put back on the stove.
- Add rice, dissolved saffron in 2 tbsp. boiled water and 4 1/2 cups of water, close cooker.
- When the steam escapes from the vent tube (on high heat), put vent weight in place and pressure cook for 1 minute.
- Cool cooker, and add fried raisins, almonds and pistachios.
- Toss lightly and keep on low flame with lid removed for 1-2 minutes.