Tasty Dum Alu
For 4 Person(s)
- 18 small potatoes, boiled, cooled and peeled
- 1 pinch(es) asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black cumin seed (shah jeera)
- 1 teaspoon(s) diced garlic
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) diced ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chili powder, or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 cup(s) chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon(s) Punjabi garam masala
- 1 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) ghee
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
Tasty Dum Alu Directions
- Add oil to a pot.
- When oil is hot add asafetida and black cumin seed.
- After a minute add garlic and fry for half a minute. Then add onion and fry till golden.
- Add ginger and fry for a minute then add salt, chili, turmeric, cumin powders and mix.
- Now add chopped tomato mix and cook on low medium heat till mushy and oil comes out.
- Add boiled potato, stir and mix till potato is coated well with spices. Fry 2 to 3 minute then add 1-1/2 cup warm water. Mix then cover and cook for 8 minute on low medium heat.
- Now add sugar and mix. Then add garam masala. Mix well then add cilantro, mix. Take off heat and serve.