Lamb Korma Curry
The traditional lamb curry the way it's prepared in Bihar.
Waiting time 10m
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 6 cloves
- 1 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 pound(s) lamb, cubed
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 inch stick of cinnamon
- 1 fresh green chili
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup(s) yogurt
- 1 cup(s) water
Lamb Korma Curry Directions
- Grind together in an electric blender the coriander, cumin, poppy seeds, turmeric, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper, green chili, coconut, paprika, cloves, cardamom, and one of the onions.
- Heat vegetables oil and brown the remaining onion which has been thinly sliced.
- Put in the cinnamon stick and the ground-spice paste. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Add meat and fry for 5 minutes.
- Put in salt and yogurt.
- Cover and simmer slowly until meat is tender, adding just enough water to keep it from burning and to form a thick gravy.