Green Pea Pulao
Who says making pulao is tough? Try this recipe and you will love it.
For 3 Person(s)
- 5 tablespoon(s) clarified butter
- 1 large bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 piece(s) cloves
- 1 1/2 cup(s) long-grained basmati rice
- 1 cup(s) green peas
- 3 Whole cardamoms
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
- 3 inch stick of cinnamon
- 3 cup(s) water
Green Pea Pulao Directions
- Heat 2 tablespoon of the clarified butter and fry the onion until brown.
- Remove and set aside for garnishing.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoon of the butter and fry the cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, and bay leaf for a minute or two.
- Add rice, fry for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add peas and fry for one more minute.
- Heat water to boiling point. Add salt and rice pea mixture in it. Stir well. Cover and steam until done.
- Serve garnished with browned onion.