A rich variety of Khichdi.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) rice
- 1/2 cup(s) green chana dal or green moong dal
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Whole green chilies
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry leaves
- 12 piece(s) cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) shah-jeera (caraway seeds)
- 3 piece(s) cloves
- 3 pods cardamoms
- 3 piece(s) cinnamon sticks
- 1 Whole bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Mughlai Khichdi Directions
- Wash and soak rice and green gram or moong dal together.
- Make a powder of the dry spices, except bay leaf.
- Make a coarse paste of onion, chilies, ginger, and garlic. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan; add the onion paste and bay leaf.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Add the spices powder, curry leaves, and mix.
- To this, add 3 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Add the soaked rice and green gram.
- Add the salt, haldi powder and cook till done.
- Garnish with cashew nuts fried in butter.