Paneer Tikka Kabab (Punjabi)
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 grams paneer (cheese)
- 1/2 cup(s) thick curd, tied in cloth for 2 hours
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 pods garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) tandoori masala
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 medium bell pepper (capsicum) cut in long thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in long thin strips
- 1 medium tomato, cut in long thin strips
- 1 large carrot, cut in long thin strips
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
Paneer Tikka Kabab (Punjabi) Directions
- Cut paneer into ½” horizontal slabs.
- Mix red chili, salt, sugar, cumin, tandoori masala, half the ginger-garlic and chopped coriander in the curd. Mix well.
- Brush the slabs of paneer liberally with this dip on both sides and edges.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator till required.
- Before serving, heat a non-stick pan.
- Add butter and place slices to sizzle till light brown.
- Flip and repeat for other side.
- Cut into bite size square and arrange in serving dish.
- Add remaining butter to pan, heat.
- Add long thin strips vegetables, chaat masala and salt to taste.
- Pour over the tikka paneer.